There are several opportunities for new members to become involved at St. George, and we welcome your time, talents, and gifts at St. George!
A few opportunities to serve include:
- The Altar Guild - these individuals are involved in the weekly preparation and maintenance of God's Holy Altar and associated vessels, vestments, and appointments for worship, sacraments, and rites.
- The Community Outreach Ministry - these individuals promote parish involvement in local missions, community care, and social ministries. Some of our past outreach efforts have included the Food Bank of East Alabama and Women's Hope.
- The Hospitality and Fellowship Ministry - this ministry helps to create opportunity for spiritual communion within the church and foster loving and wholesome relationships among members and perspective members. These people are the ones who often organize Holy Chow events and meal for those in our parish who are ill or in need. The Welcome Ministry, who works to welcome visitors and provide outreach to potential members is also a part of this group.
- Men's Fellowship Ministry - this ministry provides Godly fellowship among men by gathering together in spiritual formation and service to St. George and the local community. All men of St. George and the local community are invited to participate in activities organized by the Ministry leaders.
- Myrrbearers Ministry - this is a sacred ministry made of a group of women committed to building a community of love and bearing one another's burdens through the ministry of intercessory prayer.
- Property and Maintenance Ministry - this group works to provide care for the church building itself through proper maintenance for all property and facilities of the parish. This group has a large responsibility, and many hand make light work.
- Prosphora Bakers Ministry - this ministry provides the Blessed Bread for all Eucharistic services at St. George through prayer and holy practices.
- Usher's Ministry - this group of men enable worshipers to better experience worship service by taking care of essential tasks like greeting members, collecting the offertory, and directing the parish through the Eucharist in an unobtrusive and efficient manner.
- Women's Ministry - this ministry provides Godly fellowship among women by gathering together in spiritual formation and service to St. George and the local community. All women of St. George and the local community are invited to participate in activities organized by the Ministry leaders.